Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Why Sickness? Why?

I know this is going to sound obvious, but I really hate being sick. It's a weird concept to me because I used to love getting sick. It sounds perverse I know, but being sick growing up meant staying home from school, and being sick as an adult meant staying home from work. I always chose to see that as a good thing. But, now that I am a stay at home mom and there is nowhere I absolutely have to be, it really stinks. And on top of that, it is not just my sickness. I have to deal with baby girl sickness, which, I think we can all agree, is the most pitiful thing in the world. Now my house is a disaster, my energetic, loves to be outside baby is lethargic watching Dora all morning and I feel ridiculously lazy. I really hate that feeling.
Shawn and I are pretty excited, we went and bought some new running shoes (and those that have seen Shawn's old running shoes will know why this excites me :o) and I have actually gone running! I've even shocked myself. I want to sign up for a 5k this fall, but I don't want to get ahead of myself. I think the last time I ran was 2001. So, once again, not getting ahead of myself, but cautiously optimistic!
Here are some pictures of our recent outings.


We go to the beach a lot, but we just got her new beach toys and she was enthralled! She loves that there is a hose for the water

I love this face!! This is her coming out of the water. I think when she grows up, she is going to be a beach bum. And be perfectly happy
Papa and Grandma Robbins took Brynna and Maddy to Disney on Ice when we visited Nebraska. They had such a blast! This is them posing in their Flounder hats (Do you love how Brynna's is backwards?) with their Ariel light up wands (that plays the same three notes. Over and over. And over. And over) and their matching outfits.
Brynna was absolutely in awe
She kept trying to convince Papa he had it on wrong. (That's a nice look for you Dad)

I think this is the longest Brynna has ever sat still (with the exception of being sick). Her and Maddy had so much fun at Disney on Ice. But our whole trip was day after day of matching outfits, matching squinkies (thanks Aunt Ging!I now have little plastic balls all over my house that I trip on) and lollipops handed out by everyone.

No comments: