Monday, October 8, 2012

Weekend Craziness

I so wish I had pictures of this weekend! As Shawn put it, "I don't think I have ever been happy to see a weekend end, but I am now." We had a lot of excitement- not in a good way.

First, on Friday Shawn was working late and when he was home for lunch he let our cat out in the backyard without telling me. So at 9:00 I hear cats fighting in our front yard. Awesome! Especially since we had Charlie declawed in Nebraska since he is an inside cat. When I went out to investigate Charlie was fighting not one, but two cats! Lovely. He didn't come home for about an hour after I broke up the fight, but I finally found him. Once Shawn came home we discovered he had a pretty big gash on his stomach. So Saturday morning Shawn took him to the vet and he had a 105 degree fever and had to get stitches and one of those cones on his head- and $200 later!!! Luckily apparently he was really good for the vet so they only had to give him the local anesthetic instead of complete sedation.

On Saturday night we had Brady and Mallory for a sleepover. At about 2:30 in the morning we heard Brady on the monitor and couldn't figure out what it was. He was having trouble breathing! Holy cow!!! So we called nine one one and had the paramedics come. They decided he had croup and took him to the hospital. Luckily we are right by Scripps La Jolla where Cheryl works and she was able to meet him in the ER. It was so stinking pitiful!! I will never get those big brown panicked eyes out of my head! I felt so bad for him. Here he has 2 nurses as parents and he gets stuck with me who couldn't tell you the right end of the stethoscope. Of course his parents are as calm as can be and and calm him right down. I hope I live my whole life without that ever happening again!

And we rounded off the weekend with Shawn almost getting hit by another car. Seriously like a half inch between the cars.

I have never been so ready for the weekend to be over. Happy Monday!

No comments: