Saturday, January 3, 2009

B-2 Trip

From the time I met Shawn he has wanted to join the military. Part of the reason he has not is because of me- I don't relish the idea of raising a family by myself while he goes on leave. But it always gets steadily worse when he listens to my dad tell stories from his Air Force days, or talks to some of the people in our ward that are in the military. Well, this time it was even worse. My dad arranged a trip through his home teacher to take my brothers and Shawn down to Whiteman AFB to see a B-2 Bomber. They got to take a tour of the cockpit, watch a weapon simulation and go in the flight simulator. Jason and Jon killed everyone and Shawn and Paul ran out of gas so I think all of them would do well with some training! Needless to say, his desire to join the Air Force has increased 100 fold!

1 comment:

Larry said...

Well...he could do a lot worse! Shawn would make a great officer and...who knows...could be flying one of those B-2 bombers for a living! How great would THAT be???